Welcome from the forum administrators

Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Welcome from the forum administrators

Post by Jim_Alaska » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 am

Welcome to the New 49'er Forums!

We are really glad you are here! The New 49'er forums are one of the largest of their kind on the Internet. I created them in 2003 and they have grown steadily since that time.

The New 49'er forums are moderated, password protected, message boards.

Here you will find six forums that will give you information on a broad range of subjects. Some are more active than others, depending on what our members are posting about at any given time.

You can enjoy posts from members that reside world wide. These truly are International Forums. You can ask questions and get answers from people that are experts in their field, or just socialize and make new friends. Members also enjoy posting pictures of what they do.

We have members on our forum that are small scale miners, geologists, and world class metal detectorists. They help new and not so new prospectors in every field of prospecting and even hard rock mining. We have members that know the conditions on the club claims and can advise you on how to do it, where to go, and what has been found there before.

You will also be able to keep up to date on legislation, lawsuits, and regulations that are important to all miners.

Our forum community has developed into a place that members enjoy as a place to come and socialize with others of like interests. You will be easily and genuinely accepted as a brother or sister forum member. Our little community is known for being a place that is friendly and where members police themselves to keep problems at an absolute minimum.

The club motto is, "Miners helping Miners" and our forums also reflect this motto very well. You can get help and information simply by making a post.

Because there has been some confusion about the word "Members" as it pertains to our club and the forums, we would like to define the term as it applies to each.

When you joined the New 49'ers club, you joined the club, but not the forum. To become a forum member you have to first register. If you have joined the New 49'ers club and you register to the New 49'ers forum, then you are a member of both the club and the forums.

Please enjoy The New 49'er forums!
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

jfoley@sisqtel.net
leonard
Prospector

Re: Welcome

Post by leonard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Welcome back with your new software. Leonard
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks Leonard, we have high hopes for this new format.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

jfoley@sisqtel.net
49er Mike
Prospector

Post by 49er Mike » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:59 pm

Jim-

I am so glad you were able to overcome the "forum hurdles". We old time forum administrators have seen a lot of changes over the years. Thanks for the service you provide.

49er Mike
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Mike, I'm glad you were able to register once we turned off a small feature. Now we just have to figure out if re-enabling the feature will keep others from registering.

Thanks for posting, it lets us know that things are working correctly.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

jfoley@sisqtel.net
delnorter
Iron Miner

Post by delnorter » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Jim, congratulations on getting a new forum up and running. I’ve registered with a new user name.
(redwood to delnorter)

Mike
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:42 pm

delnorter wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:06 pm
Hi Jim, congratulations on getting a new forum up and running. I’ve registered with a new user name.
(redwood to delnorter)

Mike
I noticed the name change Mike and knew it must be you. :P
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

jfoley@sisqtel.net
chickenlip_willie
Iron Miner

Post by chickenlip_willie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Jim Foley, Why can't we use our full old user name ? Had to shorter mine from chickenlip-willie, to chickenlip. What gives here buddy ?? Also had to shorten my password ? What happened to all old posts ??.... Jim Yerby
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

Well old friend, it takes a bit of reading to find those answers yourself. I posted in this post about the old and new boards: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13

I also sent out detailed email about the old and new boards and how the old content could not be downloaded and migrated to these boards.

There is also a FAQ feature at the ? on the top left of the forum. Just about everything s covered in it.

The max number of characters for a username on these boards is ten; "chickenlip is already ten characters. I will see if that can be changed, but it all takes time. Linda and I have been working non-stop for the last month to get both these and the Alaska boards up and running. There are bound to be problems and we work on them as members find and tell us about them.

I'll see what I can do about your username, but it may take a while. These boards are completely new to me too and the learning curve is huge for a new provider.

Edited to add

I was able to find a feature that allowed me to change the number of characters in a username. So anyone who needs to use a username longer than ten characters can do so.

chickenlip wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:28 pm
Jim Foley, Why can't we use our full old user name ? Had to shorter mine from chickenlip-willie, to chickenlip. What gives here buddy ?? Also had to shorten my password ? What happened to all old posts ??.... Jim Yerby

Last bumped by Jim_Alaska on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

jfoley@sisqtel.net