Suction Dredging Unlikely this Season in California or Oregon

Dave Mack
General Manager New 49'ers

Suction Dredging Unlikely this Season in California or Oregon

Post by Dave Mack » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:07 pm

I am attaching a link to our attorney's Memo which provides a reality check concerning the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to not take up our challenge of State authority to prohibiting mining on the federal lands. This was our second legal case to reach the U.S. Supreme Court in about a year. We should be pleased that our legal challenges are making it all the way up to one step from the top!

This issue is so important to America’s future; it is just a matter of time before the Supreme Court must Review it. Let me please suggest that we keep trying. My reasons for this are more thoroughly explained in our June newsletter right here:

http://www.goldgold.com/newsletter-june-2019.html

We have also heard from the new Director of the The California State Water Resources Control Board that the agency has fallen behind in their effort to develop a water quality permit to support suction dredging. The reality is that there is not enough time to make it happen in time for our 2019 mining season.

Therefore, we will not have access to mechanized systems to support our small-scale gold mining programs this coming season. We will continue to move forward as we have during the past several seasons.
General Manager
New 49'ers
Tall Tom
Iron Miner

Re: Suction Dredging Unlikely this Season in California or Oregon

Post by Tall Tom » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:46 am

Any news about dredging permits for 2020?
LipCa
Copper Miner

Post by LipCa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:26 am

Tall Tom..... Read Dave's post above your post for the answer.
Tall Tom
Iron Miner

Post by Tall Tom » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm

I only asked because the post was from June last year
LipCa
Copper Miner

Post by LipCa » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:06 pm

You're right, Tall Tom.... my bad..
Joe.S.AK
Site Admin

Post by Joe.S.AK » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Trying to go back and read the June '19 newsletter from the first post here (by Dave) got me this:
**************************************************************************************************************************************

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php on line 599

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php on line 603

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php on line 612

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php on line 616

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php on line 620

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php:599) in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1265

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/media.php:599) in /nfs/c09/h05/mnt/136076/domains/goldgold.com/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1268
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:33 pm

Joe, that seems like a function of the server that Dave's newsletter is hosted on. Most probably that newsletter has been taken down, therefore the link to it doesn't work.

The address on the things you posted are a function of his website, not our forum. Dave has someone that maintains his website, which is a different person than the one that maintains the forum (me).
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com
Joe.S.AK
Site Admin

Post by Joe.S.AK » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:45 am

Well now!

I guess Dave chose to remove the newsletter for some (good) reason and the error just showed up that way.

Thank you, Jim, for the information.

Joe
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:46 am

Not necessarily "removed" Just old news and the webmaster makes room on the server.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com
Tall Tom
Iron Miner

Post by Tall Tom » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:35 pm

I'm just hoping we can dredge this year, last year I was able to get an ounce I moved about 6 yards of material through my stream sluice with buckets. Took me about 4 days and a lot of hard work. I'd really like to be able to dredge again. this year I think I'm going to use a gravity feed so I can actually have some water that way I don't have to Bucket the material to my sluice. I've got about four acres of virgin ground on the inside corner of the old riverbed that has never been worked that I really wish I can move some equipment into but that process has been a nightmare trying to get permits for that.