Somebody has to be doing something

John
Iron Miner

Re: Somebody has to be doing something

Post by John » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:06 pm

testing / login did not work , or seemed not to .
John
Iron Miner

Post by John » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:10 pm

As long as I made it , I have seen a type of gold mat / catch that looks like white nylon that has a round cut bowls in rows .
Without having the correct term , having trouble locating source ?
Glad to see AMRA & Gold Prospectors getting together and a future dredging in CA .
mendoAu
Iron Miner

Post by mendoAu » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 am

The attachment doggonedredger.jpg is no longer available
The last time I was up Ladd road that gate had a hefty chain with an equally large lock wrapped around a tree, somebody cut the tree down. Go figure.
So a week ago my best friend asked me if I could help pull her dredge out of the water. Yep, no trouble. We loaded it up and headed to my place. This being Oregon and such you might wonder.....dredge in the water????? Anyhow, I dug the pressure washer out and she arranged all of the hoses off the 5inch along the ground, preceeded to pull a plastic DollarStore bag out of the trailer and began spraying oven cleaner over the hoses. After an hour or so we pressure washed them slimmy things and WOW what a difference. Well, I'm not so bright sometimes and dang that stuff worked wonders so I asked her if that stuff was spendy?? She also wanted to cut down the snorkels on the T80's because she now runs a couple of pieces of cheap plastic dryer ducting about 6 feet in front of the dredge just above the waterline. Nice clean cool air with no fumes. We were both set back a bit to discover how cruddy those filters can get. A couple more little things like adding StaBil to the topped off gas tanks. We both don't like to drain tanks over the damp Oregon winters because of rust buildup inside the tanks if left empty. I'll drain mine in early spring and send it through the generator...it'll run on anything. Also removed the exhaust and will finally weld on the copper/coiled water heater. Especially now of an extended season. Which brings me to the end of the day and I invited her to sit, passed the sippin' gin and started heating up some elk sausage. I asked her how she felt about being a bit of an outlaw. She rolled over on her side, scratched her head and reminded me of all the years that have gone by (from Calif. to Oregon) and no matter what us miners have brought to the table it just has not been good enough, something smells about "peer reviewed" whether fact or fiction when it seems to become stupid gospel. She also reminded me of the extra $150.00 included for two years enclosed with the payment of a dredge permit issued from DEQ the last two years they were issued. Kinda like a half million dollars to go into a account for the sole purpuse of research to determine any damage to the water systems. Not only did they just up and transfer those monies into the general fund they up and hired a new employee at around $80,000 to help issue the permits in the future that absoletly no one is going to get. So at that point I determined that gol darn it, I'll just set up my own season of around eight months causing no harm what-so-ever. At this point the sausage was about done and she excused herself to hit the bushes. Upon her return, and with that special grin only she has tells me "After all, I did my research and from what I have gleened from all the court reports in the entire State of Oregon, not one dog has ever been taken to court for a mining citation.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=58
download/file.php?mode=view&id=59
download/file.php?mode=view&id=60
download/file.php?mode=view&id=61
download/file.php?mode=view&id=62
Attachments
doggonedredger.jpg
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Great story mendoAu. It's always wonderful when we have good friends we can give a helping hand to. Your friend looks real pretty in her dredging outfit, I bet she is a real help at times.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com