How To Post A Picture

Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

How To Post A Picture

Post by Jim_Alaska » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:19 pm

There are two ways to post a picture. The first is if the picture is displayed somewhere online, you simply copy and paste the URL to the picture into your post. If you want the picture to actually display you will need to use the image tag found at the top of your post window. You click on the tag and then inset your cursor between the brackets in the tag and paste the URL.

The second way is if your picture is stored on your computer.
1. Wherever you would like the picture to appear you insert your cursor there.

2. Below your post window you will see these options: Options: Attachments: Poll creation:

3. Choose the "Attachments" option: A "drop down" window will open with a link that says "Add Files".

4. This will take you to the file structure on your computer where you can choose which picture you want displayed. Open the file you want and then choose "place inline". This will insert the picture where you want it to appear in your post.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com
LipCa
Copper Miner

Re: How To Post A Picture

Post by LipCa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Jim, do you have to resize the picture in your computer or does the program do it then it is attached?
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Good question Harry. I think I have set the file size so that it will allow most pictures. Although it may be a good idea to re-size if possible. Generally speaking, smaller pictures come out sharper.

Many times huge pictures are bigger than our screen and most people do not like to have to scroll sideways to see the picture.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com
mendoAu
Iron Miner

Post by mendoAu » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 am

I've had a program called Abobe Photoshop 5 for many years and among other editing abilities I use it to QUICKLY edit my photos for the internet. Just open your picture, experiment what size fits nicely on this site and click save as, Add an X at the end of the name of your file ( indian creek gold X.jpg). A popup menu shows up and clik save as "small file" on the bar. Now I would put that new saved (X) copy in a folder for the internet (something like Xpictures). What you have done is to save a file much, much quicker to upload/download and still kept your original unchanged picture just like it was in the location you found it in. The quality of a good picture reduced to a "X" will go un-noticed on most forum sites. That copied Xpicture can easily be half the mb's but will load faster and take less "space" on the forum site.
Use caution but I found this location to download a free version of a very old but great photo editor. (By the way when this version first came out it was around $ 600.00)

http://www.brothersoft.com/adobe-photos ... 53733.html
mendoAu
Iron Miner

Post by mendoAu » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:07 am

Doing some research...will return
Attachments
DSC00027.JPG
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for the information, it is right on. I bought the original PhotoShop, you are right is was expensive. I think I paid upwards of $700 for it.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com
DaveL
Prospector

Post by DaveL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:55 am

Nuggets, flakes, flecks and specks. So many specks, so few nuggets. :D
Attachments
IMG_20180826_124316.jpg
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 am

How true David. but alas, it is all gold and it does add up. Glad you made it through the registration process. Have fun looking over the board and reply to anything that suits you, even if it is old.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com