Any outings this summer?

delnorter
Gold Miner

Any outings this summer?

Post by delnorter » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:03 pm

Hi all, hoping you are all well and happy. Dave, will we be having any group outings this summer? I’m retired now and happy to help however I can.

Here is my younger son, David, and me with a chainsaw mill from him for my 71st birthday a few days ago. Tested it out on a small sweetgum log. I’ll try it on the redwood log underneath soon.
Attachments
7135AA91-483C-4513-8A43-2B5FF4BBF0F1.jpeg
Dave Mack
General Manager New 49'ers

Re: Any outings this summer?

Post by Dave Mack » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:32 pm

It's nice to see you there, delnorter. Your son looks ready to go. So do you!

I, myself, am not going to organize or manage any Group Mining Projects this coming season. There are legal reasons for this which I prefer not to go into on an open forum. But I believe my reasoning is sound. Perhaps I may change my viewpoint after the mid-term elections.

But there is nothing preventing members coming together any way you want to, to prospect for gold on our claims.

Best wishes,

Dave Mack
General Manager
New 49'ers
delnorter
Gold Miner

Post by delnorter » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 pm

Hi Dave, good to hear from you. I understand and yes, all vote and encourage others, this coming mid-term election.

I’ll be coming over the hill to for some prospecting/mining campouts this summer. I’ll post on the forum when I do. Let me know if anyone wants to lash up and move some gravel.

Mike
John
Iron Miner

Post by John » Mon May 30, 2022 5:34 pm

Been awhile since posting , problem is stuck in MN , made a tripe to a friend hardrock claim last June , with plans on another trip in August .
Placer is where I like to play , so this has motivated me to try to get out again ?
Hope to see you folks someday ;)

John
Jim_Alaska
Site Admin

Post by Jim_Alaska » Tue May 31, 2022 12:17 am

John wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:34 pm
Been awhile since posting , problem is stuck in MN , made a tripe to a friend hardrock claim last June , with plans on another trip in August .
Placer is where I like to play , so this has motivated me to try to get out again ?
Hope to see you folks someday ;)

John
Thanks for posting John. If and when you do ever get to come this way, be sure to let us know so we can do a meet-up.
Jim_Alaska
Administrator

foley4086@gmail.com