Our open doors have just been switched to off-season hours

Dave Mack
General Manager New 49'ers

Our open doors have just been switched to off-season hours

Post by Dave Mack » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:39 am

This is just to let you know that we have switched our open door hours to an off-season schedule. The front door will be open between 9 am and 2 pm Monday through Friday. Our staff will be doing their administrative work inside the building and answering calls until 4 pm.

We have an answering service. So if you don't reach someone, please leave your details so we can get back to you: 530 493-2012.

Surprisingly, this has been our best season since suction dredging was ended in 2009! We believe the $2,000 gold prices are playing some part in this. But it is also about people wanting to get out of the cities where things are becoming more uncomfortable. Some new members are even buying homes in Happy Camp!

Active members made plenty of new and exciting gold discoveries along our extensive properties in 2020! Besides the shallow water crevicing, several very experienced members have discovered a whole new way to find lots of gold up out of the water in shallow deposits to bedrock. The gold is spread out all over the places that were mined in the past. Lots of nuggets!

I'll try to get someone who was there to disclose the new realization. Frankly, it is stunning we never thought of it before!

If I was there, you would have been included with a full video-enhanced newsletter showing off the incredible excitement. It's not as easy to get others to disclose such good fortune. I'll work on it.

I'm sorry to say I missed all of the enthusiasm because I remain locked down in the Philippines over the COVID situation. I will probably have to wait for a dependable vaccine before I can get back home. No problem; we have a great crew in Happy Camp, and I have plenty over here to keep me occupied.

Best wishes,

Dave Mack

General Manager, The New 49'ers Prospecting Association
General Manager
New 49'ers