Amicus Brief on behalf of Small-scale Miners Submitted to U.S. Supreme Court!

Dave Mack
General Manager New 49'ers

Amicus Brief on behalf of Small-scale Miners Submitted to U.S. Supreme Court!

Post by Dave Mack » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:34 am

The law firm of FISHERBROYLES has submitted an Amicus (Friend of the Court) Brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in favor of small-scale miners. My own opinion is that they did a great job in arguing why the matters in our case also affect many other industries; and it is in the strong national interest for the U.S. Supreme Court to resolve the conflicting interpretations of the Clean Water Act that are being acted upon differently by government agencies across America.

For your interest, the Amicus Brief can be found right here:

https://goldgold.com/wp-content/uploads ... -Brief.pdf

Here is a reminder that The New 49'er Legal Fund will give away 3 ounces of gold American Eagles and 10 ounces of silver American Eagles on Friday, 14 February. That is 2 weeks from today. This is to raise money to help pay for this Amicus Brief and the other legal matters which small-scale miners are facing. You can find out more about how to participate right here:

https://goldgold.com/american-gold-silv ... aiser.html

Thank you very much to those of you who continue to support our efforts!

Dave McCracken, The New 49'er Legal Fund
General Manager
New 49'ers
Dave Mack
General Manager New 49'ers

Re: Amicus Brief on behalf of Small-scale Miners Submitted to U.S. Supreme Court!

Post by Dave Mack » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:36 am

I just got this from our attorneys:

"All – some very promising news: Today, the U.S. Supreme Court specifically requested a response from DEQ, after meeting in conference about the case. (Last month, DEQ actually waived its right to file a response to the petition, but the Supreme Court has now ordered DEQ to respond.) This follows the Court’s conference yesterday about our case.

Will keep you posted….

Paul Beard II, Esq.

Partner "
General Manager
New 49'ers
OregonJim
Platinum Miner

Re: Amicus Brief on behalf of Small-scale Miners Submitted to U.S. Supreme Court!

Post by OregonJim » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:55 am

Thanks for the updates Dave! I hope you are doing well and finding great success with your newly outfitted boat. I look forward to some wonderful stories.
delnorter
Gold Miner

Post by delnorter » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Thanks for the efforts of all, you in particular Dave. I’m real optimistic with the new law firm presenting the case. I’d sure like to be doing some suction highbanking this summer.

Mike