Happy Camp
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:34 am
I got gold fever in 2000 when I went to a dredge earth first rally at Rivers West RV Park on the Umpqua River. Leonard Leeper, from Buena Vista, Colorado had his dredge in the river and I got to breathe under water. I never found any gold but I was hooked. I don’t remember when I purchased my New 49ers membership but for the last 15 years I’ve wanted to come to Happy Camp. Monday evening I finally pulled into Happy Camp for the first time. On Tuesday My better half,BJ, and I went to K-23 Wingate. My first pan had a flake bigger than I’ve found in many years on the Rogue River. Man was I stoked. I ran about 10 pans of material and found gold in every pan. Sometimes it was just a couple of flyspecks and sometimes there were a few flakes. My last pan had over 15 pieces of gold. I had to quit for the day because it was 93 degrees and the river was just a little colder than I wanted to jump into.
On Wednesday we went to Sluice Box and I ran about 15 pans and only found 1 little speck, so tomorrow We’re going back to Wingate.
Maybe I’ll see you there.
Randy
On Wednesday we went to Sluice Box and I ran about 15 pans and only found 1 little speck, so tomorrow We’re going back to Wingate.
Maybe I’ll see you there.
Randy