Platinum Miner

Re: Underwater sluicing ........

Post by OregonJim » Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 am

I'll be on the road Thursday or Friday.
Siskious6
Iron Miner

Post by Siskious6 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 pm

We put a length of PVC in Indian Creek and ran it to a sluice siting on rocks. We cleaned out a hole that was about 4 feet deep using only a snorkel and mask. This is not new territory, we found this mentioned in mining books.
goldhunterron
Iron Miner

Post by goldhunterron » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Mean Thinking
The entire subject of restricting underwater sluicing with motorized equipment is absurd and Kafkaesque (as in a nightmarishly complex, bizarre, or illogical event).
You can run fishing boats, pleasure boats, and other sundry boats with motors all over California rivers, subject to local waterway rules, but you cannot do any mining with motorized equipment. I don't know who is behind the politics of this restriction: Native Americans, sport fishermen, environmental scientists, nature preservationists or just plain mean people.
Lets hope some change is on the horizon for next year.
R.L. Lyons
Joe.S.AK
Site Admin

Post by Joe.S.AK » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 am

Ron,

The entire story would take hours and hours to go through. Top that off with the narrator needing a super human memory to recall all the endless details, twists and turns over the last few years. Suffice to say that there has been, and is now, hope that the right outcome will eventually bubble up - even though logic, science and even legal precedents all have just gone out the window over this (I'll be kind) 'situation' by the various courts. There are those who, even now, are working to slap this stupidity down - but it has been a very long road to this point and the end isn't in sight yet.

As I see it, the basic procedural problem is that one viewpoint (ours) 'plays by the rules' and expects Truth, Justice and The American Way to prevail while the other viewpoint is to win, win, win using any and all ways, legal or not, to force their way into control.

Also, in my opinion, the enviro nuts and their minions the politicians have conspired with a variety of other special interest crazies to bully through slanted courts with not-so-impartial judges in achieving these hair brained restrictions. The only way to overcome that situation seems to be to take it apart one brick at a time - and that all starts with voting out the politicos who you don't agree with. That seems to be the only recourse left in this maze we find ourselves in. That will take years - but if that is what it takes then ..........................

As to the future - well - I say Never Give Up because if we do then there just isn't any future.

Joe
Siskious6
Iron Miner

Post by Siskious6 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:19 pm

Bad money drives out good. And gold is good money. The eco religion is a creation of The Fed, they use it to stop mineral production because it is competition and enables individuals to be free of them as masters.
rickther
Iron Miner

Post by rickther » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 pm

With the new supreme court rulings about the epa, a chance maybe.... history and tradition