LR 2000 Woes - You Should Know About This

Joe.S.AK
Site Admin

LR 2000 Woes - You Should Know About This

Post by Joe.S.AK » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:19 pm

I have been a subscriber to The ICMJ (and the other, sometimes used new name, California Mining Journal) magazine for years. It is a standard, highly respected magazine, targeting the mining sub groups that we all are a part of.

The January, 2021 edition just hit my mail box yesterday and the "Bawl Mill" column has an article of specific interest to anyone who uses LR 2000.

On page 4 in the far right column under the sub-header A cozy bear prevents miners from doing research. is some information I believe you should read. I suggest you find that 7" long article and read it before you start ANY mining claim internet research --- because --- as the write-up starts out:

"The federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency ... emergency directive ... a company called "Solar Winds" ... their network software called "Orion" ... "

Yes, you already knew some about that from the news coming out of the election , BUT what now comes out is that the BLM was one of the agencies using this company / software and LR 2000 is now shut down.

A new system (MLRS) is set to replace the LR 200 in late January - and The ICMJ recommends that you check on the MLRS status at: www.blm.gov/services/land-records/mlrs

Pass the word along folks, pass the word along.

- Joe -